Sunday, September 25, 2011

Supernatural - 7.01 Meet The New Boss

Castiel takes his new position as The Lord.

One of my favourite episodes of the series which pulled off the near impossible feats of making me love it while it may have killed off one of my favourite characters. Kudos to Misha Collins for portraying three characters in the same episode so effectively. Hopefully Leviathan Castiel gets to stay around for a while as he seems extremely entertaining. There were so many possibilities hinted at in episode and so many great moments. It nicely illustrated why a highly interventionist God could be a bad thing. Every time Dean meets Death I am left with the lingering feeling that Dean is being groomed for a position or task by death, sort of like with Gabriel and Sam. Bringing back Lucifer made the tormented Sam scenes tolerable. My only real problem was the preview for next week had no information about the storyline I'm interested in.

Ten out of ten.

No comments: