Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lost Season 4

I've just finished watching Lost's 4th season over the last couple of weeks and I just never got into it. I've given up caring about these characters and their pasts and futures. I found the flash forwards manipulative and I'm sick of the ridiculous interconnections of the people on the island. The fact the events on the island make little sense is annoying me. And I've stopped finding the surprising events surprising. The last time it shocked me was when Micheal killed Ana Lucia and Libby.

I think my basic problem is I don't like any of the main characters - between the drug addictions, criminal behavior, and insanity I'm starting to feel that the world may be better off with all of them trapped on the island. I'm caring less and less about how the Juliet-Jack-Kate-Sawyer quadrangle turns outs. I'm sick of the repeated floods of new characters at the start of the season only to have most of them killed off by the end of the season.

No comments: